Yesterday was my birthday. Unfortunately as I get older I feel that birthdays, and the celebration thereof, become less important. Thanks to facebook, people who barely know you or don't even particularly like you can take 30 seconds to wish you a warm-hearted "Happy Birthday." Interesting world that we live in. Personally, I use the "Birthday" function on Facebook as a suggestion for "friends you may want to unfriend." It is useful. What better way to tell someone "Happy Birthday, stranger" than with an UNFRIEND. Luckily for all of the temperamental individuals out there Facebook does not, as of yet, notify you when you are UNfriended. Personally I find this a little strange since they are eager to notify you of all other changes in the world. Can you even remember a time before the "mini-feed?" A time when you had to go to your friend's facebook page to figure out what they were doing and who they were doing it with? Weird, huh?
On a brighter note, Facebook's infamous mini-feed did give me an idea for plans for my birthday. I convinced the Huband to sit through several hours of one less than mediocre band and A Lion Named Roar (www.alionnamedroar.com). Thank you Facebook, and my friend Kaitlyn! These guys are really talented and I think they are going somewhere. They have a very different sound, it is relaxing and endearing. They describe themselves as Pop/Folk, I think. I don't really see the Pop....of course when I think Pop Brittney Spears' "Oops, I did it Again" immediately plays in my mind. Whatever it was/is that they are doing, I like it! I love the folk-y twang. Love! They are a must listen.
As for other life, school work is starting to pile up. Ack. My job still forces me to work every Saturday of the foreseeable future and we (the husband & I) are going to the hometown this weekend. Superbowl Sunday is fast approaching and along with it a meal at my favorite restaurant and THE best Mexo/American food in the world. That's right folks, the world's best. They should have a sign. Maybe I will make them one. In other news I must go to work. Ack, again.
No comments:
Post a Comment